Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Date Is Set

Among other interesting, and not entirely pleasant, things that have happened to me lately, I've now set an official date for the placement test. I'll be taking it Monday June 15th at 10:00 AM. Calculators are forbidden, which saves me some money, but takes away an easy way of checking my answers. The test itself is a 40 minute affair, in which I have to answer 30 multiple choice questions. They span the range of pre-cal material, and none seem to be all /that/ involved. They're more like broad memory checks of some basic principles and formulae.

I have to say, at this point, I'm quite anxious to just take the test and be done with it. I've been sitting around getting ready for it, worrying about it, and staring at walls for months and months now: it's time to move on.

Hopefully it will go well (enough) and things will go on as planned.

In other news I think I had a seizure again. I say "think" because I have no memory whatsoever (which is probably a decent enough sign on its own) other than waking up with my right shoulder dislocated again, and several little cuts on my left hand. And some bruises. And really aching muscles. ... in short, not fun.

It was neat though, in a way, to go to Georgetown Hospital for this, since I knew some of the people over in the ER. It was around 4AM too, and pretty empty, so I got to talk to people a bit about their jobs. As much as it sucks, I'd sort of been anticipating this moment since I started working there.

Unlike the other hospitals, Georgetown gave me some real painkillers after this. They're helping out a bit, and certainly not unpleasant. I talked to a doctor about surgery, and he said it would probably be overly risky, since a seizure within six months or so would tear apart everything they did in my shoulder. I'm going to give physical therapy a shot this time, although I'm skeptical about that at best. I'm about to go on a doctor binge, between all this, the physical therapists, another visit to a neurologist, a visit to a general practitioner, and the regular tooth cleaning visit to my dentist. What fun.

Anyways, I'm off to get ready for my placement test. That's what I really need to be worrying about now.