Monday, August 24, 2009

And Classes Start Once More

I had a fun little mini-vacation. There was a lot of stress from being locked up around my parents for a week for the first time in two years or so, but things more or less worked out. And I got to see wild deer (the kind living in a marsh, as opposed to the one eating up your backyard garden), ponies, jelly fish, and who knows how many different kinds of birds. The water was warm, although I couldn't go in it too much; one of the waves reminded me just how injured my shoulder is, and how little pressure it can take at an awkward angle to briefly light it up with pain. Still - the beach was fun, the food was fun, the sun was fun, my books were fun, and the wildlife watching was fun.

But now I'm back. My courses start tomorrow.

This means, of course, that it's time to drop everything else and focus. I had a few quick looks at my books and lab manuals. They seem a little bit intimidating, but hopefully it's not as bad as the first glance makes it out to be. I'm quite excited to get started up again, actually, and am really looking forward to tomorrow.

I need to get going on sorting out my extra-curriculars, be that continuing the ones I have, rescheduling things, or finding new ones. I'll probably wait a week before I start really worrying about that though, so I have time to settle into my courses.