Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Scare

It's a bit past Halloween, but people were talking in my physics lab today, and I overheard the TA say she thought Calculus 2 was required to sign up for the second semester of Physics. That would have been respectably problematic for all sorts of reasons, not the least of which is that I'm not even sure I could schedule Phys 2/Calc 2/Chem 2 at the same time in one semester. The money would have been a problem as well, not to mention the difficulty of taking more math (Calc 1 ended up going nicely, but I had nothing else competing for my time over the summer).

Anyways. I /just/ got home and the very first thing I did was check on the Internet to see if this rumor was true. Fortunately, it wasn't.

:: sigh of relief ::

Yay. (5-4-3-2-1)

Now relief time is over (I enjoyed my 5 seconds...).

Finals are impending. I'm not too worried about chemistry (yet), but the physics one will take me forever to get to a "decent" level on, again. Something about this class absolutely does not click for me, and it was only thanks to a monumental amount of studying/praying/panicking that i got through the last exam.

Hopefully I can go through that again without suffering a total mental breakdown, and will grab another ok score in the process. Then I'll get to move onto next semester, where I'll have to do it two more times before things finally start looking up for me. My labs in both physics and chemistry are (almost) done this week though, so I'll have a bit more time to put exclusively into exams for this go around.

(Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be staying up into the wee hours of the morning finishing my last chemistry lab report tonight though.)