Sunday, February 27, 2011

Foiled Again

The first O. Chem test of this semester is going to be this Tuesday. I've actually been working on that hard for the last two weeks but, again, not in the proper manner. And I didn't figure that out until a few days ago, so it was too late to really fix anything.

Our book is awful, and has no answers to the problems (you have to buy another 150 dollar book to get those.... which I don't own). I was planning on hitting my book really hard over these last two weeks to get ready but that's proven impossible. I can spend all the time in the world with my book, and it's almost useless if I can't confirm that I'm doing things right or not. I don't know why I didn't figure out that would be a problem sooner, since it's the same book as last semester. I guess it was less of a problem last semester of that other small o. chem book I had on the side. Without anything like that this time, I've been left kind of staring at pages.

The test won't go well.

The semester itself isn't ruined, of course. It just means I need to do better on the second test and, probably, I'll have to take the optional final this time (if I want a 4.0, at least. or a 3.7). I'll also have to change my approach to studying for the next test immediately, and suppose I'll have to break down and buy that answer manual. Even though this doesn't ruin anything, it's really really frustrating. Was hoping to do well on this test and have that trigger a wave of good happenings. No chance of that now.

Wish I had the test tomorrow, instead of Tuesday. I'm going to keep stressing over this all of tomorrow, while not being able to fix anything. It's something that just needs to get over with.

This will be the last week of courses before spring break though, so I'll have a week off soon at least. Or a week to spend trying to track down more letters of recommendation and work on personal statements, rather.