Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Updates

No posts since January 10th huh? Wow. It's been awhile. Part of that's probably due to a week long vacation I took where I went traveling. I was "almost" sick throughout. You could think of that as either good or bad, I guess. It broke out into a real cold once I got home (which I can only think of as bad...) Otherwise things have continued to be uneventful but busy.

I'm still waiting on a reply from the premed office concerning the maintenance and status of my file there. Technically it's only been two or three days, since I sent my e-mail on a Friday and they don't work weekends. To me though, it feels like it's been closer to a week. Which is frustrating. My current frame of mind is that I'm going to just put the application/file on second priority (although it's still, obviously, important). What I want to focus on is the MCAT. If I take it and score well, things will work themselves out with or without good support from the premed office. The worst case would be I have to postpone my admittance a bit. Conversely, if I don't get a good MCAT, it really doesn't matter if my file is in good order or not because I won't get in anywhere.

Speaking of the MCAT, my Biology reviewing is going well. It's almost finished, in fact. I aim to wrap that up by February 12th - taking a little biology section practice test from Kaplan. If I do reasonably well on that, I'll move along to Chemistry which I hope to complete reviewing by the end of February (not much time, but it's probably my strongest subject to make up for that). If I can stay on schedule with those two, things will be going fairly well.

I have to sign up (again...joy) for the MCAT. I'm hoping to hear back from the premed office first, but if I don't I'll just go ahead with that anyways towards the end of this week or the start of next week.

And lastly, regarding HIPAA and patient privacy, I simply haven't had the time to look into what I can and can't legally post. I still would like to check into that at some point, but I'm occupied enough with MCAT work, job work, and trying to sleep that it's not likely to happen soon. So I have two choices. I can either take this off the internet and turn it into a personal log which no one would ever see, or I can keep it up and just not include anything that could even remotely be construed as a violation. I'm sure no one is reading this but me anyways, so it probably doesn't matter, but I'll take the second choice for now. I enjoy having this up even if I am the only one who looks at it.