Sunday, July 19, 2009

Results

I got the actual results of my test last Thursday, so this is a bit late, but I did as well as I had hoped. I managed to get a 100% on it, which doesn't say much since it was the first and simplest test we'll have. Things are already getting more difficult, I can tell, but hopefully I'll manage to get through that as I did last time.

What it does say is that I can score an average of ~63% on my next/final two exams, and get a B-, which probably isn't good enough. If I can score an average of ~83% or so on my next two exams though, I'll be able to end up with an A-, which would probably suffice. An 83% average on two tests should be entirely doable as long as I keep putting in a strong effort.

So: the verdict is that my plan goes on along the medical school path.

In other news, I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately, in general. I even missed an assignment (no problem, since they're only collected on the days of our exams), and spent this weekend catching up as well as trying to keep up. This coming week, I'll be missing a class too, which won't help things. I've been trying to schedule or make all sorts of other appointments as well, in addition to trying to get a refill of the medication for my epilepsy (the doctors here won't give me one because I haven't seen them yet, and I'm having trouble with my old doctors in Atlanta because I haven't seen them in too long....) I'm stressed out, and feeling a bit like a chicken running around blindly with its head cut off.

Hopefully the medical part of getting appointments should be finished soon, and I can stop stressing over that. My volunteering at the hospital is nearing the mark at which I'm allowed to stop working as well. I hadn't planned to stop just yet, but I might end up doing that to free up some time if I'm still feeling this way in a few weeks.