Sunday, May 16, 2010

Information Overload

Well, the first week of Biology has gone by, and we've covered some eight chapters. Even more fun, we get our first exam tomorrow. Yay! I've taken copious notes in class, and have kept up with the reading, but there's just so much in there that I'm not ready. It hasn't helped that I've had a pretty busy week, and have been taking care of stuff for my family while they're out on vacation.

It's certainly not like Physics though. While there might be a ton of details, and I'm getting fed those details at an accelerated pace to get through it all in six weeks, its stuff that - given the time - I have no doubt I can understand just fine.

How this test comes out is up in the air. I have no clue what the test will be like, and this is the kind of thing you could make as easy or complicated as you desired (ie: if it's just over the basic points best covered in my notes, it should be pretty straight forward. If it goes into as much detail as the most detailed parts of our textbook, it should be very difficult). I'll find out soon, I guess. I'm certainly spending the rest of today working hard to memorize things and, fortunately, the test isn't until tomorrow evening. Which sort of means I can study for most of tomorrow as well.

The good news is that my family comes back tonight, so I'll have a good bit of extra time preparing for the next tests. Also, my pool is opening soon, which will give me a warm, pleasant, and quiet (during off-hours) place to do my studying at.