Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm Half-Way There

And I feel decidedly more exposed to science now than I did when this had just begun. I can explain why sunsets are red, how the chemical bonds in our eyes work to let us see, how ammonia is mass-produced, and some other pretty neat stuff too, actually. Even physics stuff.

The Chemistry final wrapped up the first half of my premed course-load this morning, and it wrapped it up on a nice note. It went well, and with any luck I managed to get a 100 on it. I'm not positive my Chemistry grade is a 4.0 at this point, because I did a good bit worse in lab than on the exams, but its looking quite possible that it turned out that way.

This is good, because with my Physics performance being what it has been, I really can't afford to be subpar in anything else if I'm going to have half a shot at getting into a medical school.

I'm not sure when I find out my official grades for both courses. Last time there was a pretty quick turn-around on that, so I'm hoping I don't end up waiting too long.

Now its time to move on. Biology starts. It should, at least. I checked the bookstore today, and apparently no one has ordered books for it. It also doesn't have a class-site up on the web, and I think its supposed to by now.

I don't know what that means, who's error it is, or if its an error at all. I'd assume that if the class was canceled, I'd have been notified by now (especially since I was billed for it....) but... who knows. I don't really want to worry about that for the next day or two anyways, so I'll drop it. It's not like there would be anything I could do to fix it, and I want to enjoy my time off. Once I've relaxed a bit, and gotten my grades back, I can try to reflect on how things have gone to this point, where they need to go, and how I can get them there.

Ps: Happy Summer Everyone. I changed the template up to something less bleak and more seasonal.