Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gah! Cell Bio

So we had our first test in Cell Biology today. It was hard. Much harder than I had been led to believe (by my own thoughts, as well as by the prepared "review" sheet). Not that I can really complain, after a year of complaining how the other science classes were jokes. The test didn't go great. I don't think I failed it either though. And the tests in that class are worth an incredibly small percentage of the total grade (we even have four of them), so this is far from disastrous. Good call to (further?) action though.

Well. If the test went badly you might be asking if my last weekend was productive, as I had said it had to be.

The answer to that is... kind of yes. I got my lab report done for O. Chem lab, and was apparently the only person around who got an A on it. Most of the grades were actually really bad, like 70 or under. So.... that was impressive and well done. Then again, with hindsight, I'd probably have been much better off putting all that time into my Cell Bio studying instead. So I didn't really come out on top even though I did what I had wanted to do. Frustrating.

But on to the next thing. The next thing is the /big/ thing. It's the first of our two Organic Chemistry tests (or of three, if I take the optional last one). So as somewhere between 33-50% of my grade in that class, it's huge. It's also something I'm entirely not prepared to take, as of now. I have other stuff that needs to get done well too... but I'm just going to have to sac that stuff in order to get ready for this exam. A D on my next lab report will be totally fixable. A D on this test would pose problems.