Thursday, November 18, 2010

100 Percent (?)

Not really. I got an 80% on that last Organic Chemistry test - barely enough to count as a B-. For the semester though, with the first test, it averages out to an A-. With the curve, it gets bumped up to an A. So.... 4.0 again. Although not real (again?).

I'm not entirely sure if it warrants being happy, but I am. I did voluntarily skip some early cell biology stuff to focus on this class (a bad mistake, in retrospect...) Cell biology has suffered. Badly. I'll be lucky to get a B+ at this point, a B is very possible. So if I hadn't at least got an A in the class I skipped cell bio to focus on, it would have been a disaster. Even if the A is inflated, and fake, I'm happy. ... For what it's worth, around ten percent of the points I got off were all for the same mistake. I know why it was wrong now (and I probably did before the test too), so I actually /do/ know the material fairly well. (The reason I did ok despite that problem was, again, a silly 20 point bonus section that wouldn't have been offered at a more serious school).

What happens now?

Well, I don't take the Organic Chemistry Final now, although I have a vested interest in figuring out what I got wrong (since I'm taking O. Chem Two next semester). I'll try and do that.

Mostly though, the /only/ thing I have left to do this semester is salvage a B+ from Cell Biology somehow. That would be heavenly. And it's still possible. Technically. I have my test there on December 6th, and some lab stuff before. I'll be turning my full atention to that class, then.

Next semester, I'll turn my full attention to Organic Chemistry (my only class), and MCAT studying. I'll also (maybe? probably? hopefully?) look for a relevant job in my spare time.

Dieu le Veut.