Friday, May 20, 2011

I'm Hired! (Sort Of)

I'm not actually hired, but I just got a message that there's an opening or two at one of the hospitals I applied to (the one furthest away - go figure), and my application/resume was apparently decent enough that I got invited out for an interview. So suddenly, the odds of me getting work as a medical scribe have shot up from fairly dim to pretty high, as long as I show for the interview in a respectable manner.

I'm actually not sure /how/ to show up though. If it was an interview back in law school, I'd certainly show up in one of my suits. But for some reason it doesn't feel as natural to be showing up for an interview for a fairly bottom tier hospital position in a fancy suit. I'll have to think a bit about what I want to wear... For now though, I think I should just be happy enough I made it this far. We'll see what happens from here.

As far as actual MCAT studying, that's going a bit behind schedule. No need to panic yet, since there's plenty of time to correct it, but it is something I should get to work on correcting. If I get the job, that should help focus me some as I won't get to be sleeping in anymore. If I don't get it, I'll just have to start setting my alarm for the sake of setting my alarm.