Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Medical Scribe, Take Two

All right then. I spent the last three days working on my application for the job as a medical scribe, which is a bit more time than I spent working on it last year when I tried. Of interest I calculated my post-grad science GPA for the application, and its a 3.63. Not great, but not awful if I can do ok on the MCAT.

I've offered to work at almost every available hospital they have, up to and including the ones with 60 minute commutes. I'll probably hate myself if I get the job and end up there.... (one of those far away hospitals looks very nice and new though, from its website).

It seems like an interesting job at any rate. And I can manage the commute if it stays part time. I enjoy driving, so I have that going for me. My only concern is putting too many miles on my car and having it start to break down early. I could always possibly get lucky and manage to get a job at one of the closer hospitals. Then again, it's always possible I won't get a job at any of the hospitals just like last time. We'll just have to wait and see.

And it looks like we have a bit of a wait, since nothing is supposed to open up until June or July. So until beginning tomorrow morning, I'm officially in full MCAT mode with no other commitments to distract me. Physics, here we come. (Bet you can't keep me down twice!)