Thursday, April 28, 2011

MCAT Date Change 2.0

Ok. The MCAT is definitively schedule for September 10th now, at the same spot and time as it was previously. That gives me just over four months, which should be just enough time to get a hold of physics, as well as brush up on everything else (knocks on wood).

I'm also giving serious consideration to taking a prep course for the exam now. The biggest problem there is that I'd have to sign up for it soon, and I don't know if I'll get my job yet (or what it's schedule would be if I did.)

Speaking of my job, I called the people in charge of hiring medical scribes at a set of local hospitals to ask a few questions. It sounds like a /few/ positions will be opening up in June/July, and I should apply now for a shot at one of those. If they like my app I'll have a little phone interview, and if they think I'm a decent person there then I'll have a set of panel interviews at the hospital.

I wish it were occurring a bit sooner than June/July, largely because of MCAT prep course scheduling issues. Also, a lot of other things I'm looking at take 2 year commitments as well, and if I spend my time waiting on this, I'm pushing the window shut on those other possibilities.

But still, it seems like a really neat job I'd enjoy having for 18 to 24 months, and I plan on still giving it a try as my first choice. Besides. June's not /that/ far off.