Friday, July 22, 2011

Yaaaay! I Have A Job

Just got a phone call and an e-mail late this afternoon, and I've been offered my job at Civista Hospital as a medical scribe. This is clearly very exciting, because I finally get to wear scrubs. ... More seriously it's exciting because it's a fairly neat job, because it pays, because it gives me the option of switching to full time with greater pay in the future, and because it's the first thing in awhile that's clearly gone "right" in the little mental outline/plan I have for myself.

All that said, it will be very difficult to set this up with surgery this coming Tuesday. I'll probably have to make a lot of phone calls, and ask for delays and postponements very nicely. I'm not entirely sure how that will work out, but I am pretty sure it will work out. So I'm just going to be happy for now, knowing that the job itself came through for me.