Friday, August 26, 2011

And Then A Hurricane?

Really? Really? Really: because an earthquake in a part of America that doesn't get those wasn't enough - we clearly needed an unusual storm as well.

Everyone is expecting the power to go down, which will be inconvenient for my faxing/emailing records back and forth to all the people who need them. Hopefully it manages to get fixed soon enough though, and I can finish my pre-employment requirements prior to my move.

I kept things going today by getting the PPD test for TB, and the first of a series of Hepatitis B vaccinations (the only one needed before work can start). I have to wait till Monday for the PPD results, before I can fax that and my vaccination form over to HR. Once that's been done, I'm effectively finished. They still haven't contacted me for the drug testing, and I'm worried that will cause me trouble. I also still need to get my scrubs hemmed so they fit me properly. All the fundamentally necessary paperwork and visits are now taken care of though.