Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to Studying

Today I went and arranged to get my pants hemmed for work, and those are supposed to get finished for my by next Wednesday. I also got a confirmation yesterday that my drug test came back negative and my other papers had been received(how the drug test came back negative when I was on percocet, I'll never know... but whatever). So other than my move, all my pre-work stuff appears to be taken care of. As for the move itself, someone else in my building seems to have reserved the elevator on the 10th. Which could be a problem, but could be ok as well since the only thing I really need an elevator for is my desk (most everything else is reasonably small, and can be carried well enough by one or two people).

What I get to do next is study. I get to keep studying for the MCAT, and I have to study the binders I got at work to memorize a few hundred abbreviations as well. Memorizing the abbreviations is probably going to be my short-term priority, since it has to get done for me to get/keep my job. It's fairly interesting anyways, actually, and it's much easier to memorize abbreviations than study for the MCAT, so it will probably be a good change of pace. I'll probably go out and grab a few sets of flashcards for that purpose tomorrow.

I have to memorize these fast though, so I can get back to studying for the MCAT; in the end, that's the only test that counts.