Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Here's What's Going To Happen

So, in case it hasn't become clear to anyone reading yet, I have a tendancy to get too down over setbacks and too excited over success. Apart from being a generally bad trait for a doctor, that's also not a good trait for someone trying to simply get the chance to become a doctor. Also, I think I talked in my first post about how my old undergraduate science grades scared me off science courses more than they probably should have.

So. A 74 is a bad test grade. Sure. Instead of focusing on that, it would make more sense (and be more healthy) to focus on the 2/3s of the test I effectively got an A- on. I made some mistakes, they were repeated because the problems were similar, and that's just how things go. I have two tests left, plus my lab grades. Fixing my Chemistry grade is something I can totally pull off.

Physics is bad still. Sure. But by just thinking about that and repeating it ad nauseum I'm not doing much more than discouraging myself. I just need to focus on one thing in Physics - getting a 70 or better on the next test. If I can do that, things can really start to look up.

All this said....

The Next Tests:
Physics - October 23rd
Chemistry - October 30th

There's a good chunk of time in between each test, to study for the next one. I need to prioritize, and just work. If I crash on these tests too, that will be that. But I'm not going to let that happen without a solid effort on my part. If I do well on them, then everything is back in play.