Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bio 210: Test Two

Ok. Well, I was planning on catching up to the reading, but we got our second test e-mailed to us early this time (which is great). It's going to be due the 19th (next Monday), so I have part of this weekend and all of next weekend to work on it. Not to mention the whole week stuck in between those two.

Unlike the first test, this one clearly indicates that we can use our book or other sources, so long as we cite them. (Which isn't as big a deal as you might think, because its designed so all the questions are broad and conceptual rather than "______ is the name for a the component of a plants vascular tissue that....").

Anyways. The net effect of this (for better or worse), is that it's going to discourage me from leisurely catching up as I had planned. Instead, I'm going to treat it as a research project and only read the material that's directly targeted at the questions here. There's six questions or so, which means that if I start today or tomorrow I can go at the very comfortable rate of answering one question per day, and I'll still have some time left over to review it/take care of stuff if something unexpected comes up.

This probably isn't the best long-term approach, but it's a nicely stress free approach that should (hopefully) get me a decent score on this test. That makes it a better short-term approach than worrying about all the things that aren't on the test, and then ending up with only two or three days for the actual exam.