Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bio 210 Test Back

Well, I haven't posted in awhile. I've been feeling pretty out of it the last two weeks or so after the accident. I've had headaches and felt kind of light headed. I'm not sure how much of that was due to the painkillers, but it wasn't all of it. I think I'm starting to feel better as of yesterday though, although I'm not quite back yet.

Anyways. We got the Biology test back today and I got a B+ on it. It's not a particularly good grade, but given the way I've been doing the last two weeks I think a decent case can be made that its not a particularly bad grade either. There are two tests left, so there's still plenty of room to try and nudge my grade back up to an A of some type. I think I can do better on the next one - I'll certainly feel better when I'm trying to get it done.

My grade in the lab portion is probably a B+ as well as of now, so ideally one of the two things has to get up a tiny bit between now and the end of the course.

Our classes are running longer this Semester, going for the full three hours instead of the ~2 hours and change my last two summer courses have (typically) run. It's been really hard to sit through that with my headaches and dizziness, and its been frustrating because I think what's covered could be covered more efficiently. I'm also less interested in what we're doing at the moment: we're going through a big section on botany and plants, which I just find hard to get excited over. The teacher is too nice to dislike though... I'm just arbitrarily frustrated. It's probably mostly just been a result of my own health.

The heat has been over 100 degrees the last few days as well. Since I have to walk everywhere now that my car is no more, that hasn't been helping out either.

Oh well. I think I'm starting to feel better, and the temperatures are supposed to go down (a little bit) as well. So hopefully I can start turning this around in time.