Monday, January 10, 2011

And We're On

No posts in awhile. I had a long vacation, which was nice but entirely uneventful. That has now come and gone though, and I'm moving on the last stretch of undergraduate courses I'll ever take, for better or worse.

The campus opened today, but my own Organic Chemistry class and lab only meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I'm still waiting on that. It should be a good bit harder than last semester, but having the finish in sight should be able to help me out. It's easier to work for things when a clear end is visible and you're not floundering about seemingly moving nowhere.

For the MCAT studying I've actually opted to do it on my own. Which could save a few thousand dollars, or could be a bad call. There won't be any good way to decide which until hindsight kicks in. I have a physics "review" book, and am hoping that I can get to an "ok" place by a combination of that, my old text, and possibly meeting my old teacher one or twice with any questions. For biology I'm hoping that the basic bio material is mostly what's covered, and not the much more in depth material we did in cell biology. For chemistry, I think I should simply be ok if I can get a decent amount of review time in.

The deadline for that test is fast approaching. While I could take it again some months later if I do badly, I really don't want to go down that road. It would also look bad, and further hurt whatever acceptance chances I might happen to still have. So here we are, and this is pretty much it. Four months to go.