Monday, April 4, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different....

It seems I have, finally, actually, shockingly managed to overachieve by accident.

The personal statement I've been obsessive over lately was actually meant to be a 5200 character essay, and not the 5200 word mini-thesis I put together. The larger essay isn't actually due for two months (and even then I'll have to cut it down a bit in size I believe). So... that's actually done. In advance. Almost.

The downside is that while I spent the last week frantically working on my 16 page explanation of why I should be accepted into a medical school, I wasn't studying my organic chemistry for the upcoming exam on the 12th. I was never happy about that, but I thought I was facing a deadline and had no choice.... so it looks like I've wasted a lot of perfectly good time that could have been much, much, much better used studying chemistry.

I have a strong feeling that this chemistry test will go badly again, in large part because of this. I'll be able to start studying for it this Wednesday, and will do that frantically until the day of the test. I'm somewhat helped out by the fact that the NMR at work is still down, so I get some days off since work can't be done without it. But still, less than one week probably isn't enough time to get me ready. I'm not entirely down and out, but that means everything will be riding on the optional final. That's not a pretty situation to face.

Other good news though - I've finally finished securing all of my letters of recommendation. I have one from my biology teacher, am going to get one from my physics teacher after meeting with him this week, and got one from the nurse who was supervising me at the hospital. I also got one from a physician today, although I was sadly unable to get in touch with my neurologist for that.

Well, that's it for updates - I'm off to go work on my very last lab report of the semester. I suppose I should change the background to something more Spring-Like again.... imagine I'll do that next time I drop by.