Friday, June 25, 2010

Bio 210: Test One

Well, the first of three tests is upon me. It's a take home exam, due on Wednesday the 30th (so I have plenty of time to work on it, even with the fact that I'm going to be busy this weekend driving around to insurance offices because of this car crash I was in last week).

I've given the test a cursory look, and it seems pretty straight forward. Six questions, five of the short essay type and one of the longer essay type. Nothing that seems to be particularly confounding on it. If the essays aren't graded surprisingly harshly (and I doubt they would be, given that the idea of a take home is to make it less stressful and easier), its looking like most of the 75% of our grade from exams is assured, and what will make the difference between a B+ and an A will be how well we can do in Lab.

That car accident I was in really has been a bit of a downer. Above and beyond the obvious fact that having your nice car ruined is no fun, it's giving me a lot of extra paperwork to do, and sending me to all sorts of offices this weekend (I'd much rather be getting started on this test, so I could guarantee a great outcome on it). I'm also sore, all over. The pain meds help that, but they're fogging up my head a little bit too, which doesn't help for this test stuff either. At least this sort of paperwork and pain are problems that are assured of slowly fading away with every passing day.

In unrelated news, I've been trying to upgrade my PC a little bit (I figured it'd be cheaper than getting a new one, and would achieve most of the same things). ... Yeah, no dice. All of the new graphics cards are somehow too big for my tower by the tiniest of margins, and I've been paying ridiculous extras to have people install stuff (that had to be uninstalled afterwards, or was simply no longer needed afterwards because it was only installed to power a card it turned out I couldn't use, or.... nightmare.) I'm done "upgrading" my pc - I'll just take my time to save up for a brand new one down the line, where everything has already been assembled in a way that works. I can't believe I wasted around two hundred dollars and got, effectively, nothing.