Monday, August 2, 2010

And Test Three is Back

Another 100~ yay!

Good thing, too, because I did decidedly worse on the lab final. That was only worth 1/16th of my grade though, so it wasn't an overwhelming disaster. I didn't fail it either, although its possible I might have got a C (although a B is also quite possible).

From the main part of the course alone I have a 71.5% (if I were to get a 0% in lab). To get a 4.0 in this particular class (curved so that a 93% is an A, instead of a 94%), I'll need to get 21.5 percentage points out of the lab somehow (that is, I need an 86% or better as my final lab grade). Three-fourths of my grade there is a 94% or better, I think. If that's the case, it looks like I'll manage to pull off the 4.0 if I got a high D on the final exam. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I didn't do /that/ badly. I should find out soon.

Wow. What a dry two paragraphs.

It's good news, and might be written up more happily except that my pc unexpectedly crashed on me the day I was supposed to e-mail this very final to my professor. I hadn't quite finished the test even - I had one question left. I woke up late, not in a rush since it was mostly done. Went outside, got some coffee, came back, and bam. The PC that had been working great the night before decided it was a good time to start pretending it had no hard drive.

It cost a ton to fix it up - not even for the actual repairs, but because the store had a policy of not working on week-ends without an extra "service fee". A huge service fee. But I really had no choice, because I couldn't get an extension for computer problems. So I did that, then went to my parents house to work on the exam on their old pc that barely starts up and has an outdated version of word, and got my exam mailed in right before the midnight deadline.

I have to say I think I actually earned the 100 on this one, more or less, unlike the last one. And not just because I had to deal with gross inconvenience - my answers were reasonably solid.

I suspect my PC isn't properly fixed even as we speak, and am holding my breath for it to fall apart again in a day or two. It's still saying there's no hard drive, although its starting up again. We'll see what happens, I guess, but if I'm away from the blog for awhile that will be the reason.