Thursday, April 29, 2010

Before Finals

So, I didn't really study that much for this Physics final. I thought about it, and started, and realized that there was just no way I could reasonably expect to get a semester's worth of stuff in four days - especially when I hadn't got it before and had been putting a lot of work into it then.

So I let the studying slide a bit. Giving up is sad, and not particularly professional, but I just don't want to stress for hours and end up with a D on the test when I could take a much more relaxed approach and end up with a... D on the test. Maybe I'm just trying to rationalize things.

I'm going to work on it a bit today though. I bet there'll be one or two questions from our old exams, so I'll go over those. And I have a feeling about one or two more questions I think we'll be asked, so I'll try to get a handle on that specific stuff as well. A point here and a point there, to try and keep my grade a high D. I'll just hope that when all is said and done, I'll end up with some kind of a B in the course. I have no clue how much our grades will get curved, so I'm just going to be stuck waiting. If I get a C in the class, I think I could have a very serious problem with my applications. If I manage to get any kind of B though, as awful as that will look, I think I'll be able to slide by /if/ I find a way to fix my Physics between now and the point I take the MCAT.

I'm not exactly sure how I'd fix it - that's easier said than done. But 1 year+ is a good deal of time, and now I have a good idea of what the Physics on the test will be like (and a good base to start reviewing/studying from). If I was able to "reteach" myself math for Calculus over a six-month period or so, I'm hoping I can "reteach" myself Physics when given the same ammount of time to focus on it.

As far as this final goes, it will just be nice to get it over with, even though I'm going to walk out with an unhappy feeling. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: "D is for Done".

I'll have to work really hard on chemistry immediately after this test. Redox equations take a bit of thought, but it's nothing I can't handle. I'm certainly fortunate in only having to take the short-version final on two chapters, so I'm pretty sure I can get ready for that in the two/three days I have - it'll just be a very busy few days.