Thursday, April 8, 2010

Raising the Stakes

I'm feeling pretty burned out at this point. It's probably because I spent so much time working on Physics, and got very little out of it. And I've been doing that the whole semester (plus working really hard with Chemistry, although that part's gone well at least). Right now though, I'm feeling a bit dazed, and just really want the whole thing over with. Not that that will actually happen, with summer courses, but I want /this/ semester to just draw to a close - stat.

This summer shouldn't be so bad. It should feel like a fresh start, I'm hoping. And it should be a little less frustrating.

That said, it looks like my upcoming Chemistry exam just got a bit more important. If I can keep my exam average over a 90% after taking this one, I get to take a short six question final exam that's only on the last two chapters we cover. Otherwise, I'm stuck taking a long final that will be much harder to study for.

A six question final obviously has downsides - mess up one question badly, and your grade goes south really fast - but making it so I only have to study two chapters for the final instead of... 12 or so.... that would save me a lot of time and worry.

As things stand, it looks like this means I need a 58% on the next exam (which, you'd think, shouldn't be too hard to manage) to take the shortened final (ie: to have a 90% average going into the final). Of course, I'd like a 100% on the next exam anyways.