Monday, February 15, 2010

I Wish I Could Say I Got A Hundred

But sadly, there was a question on the Chemistry test I just couldn't answer. It was an easy test though, and I'm frustrated that I can't say I got a 97 either. There were lots of small questions, most of which I think I got right, but several of which I may have had little slips on. There were also a lot of "explain why x happens" type questions, and I'm not sure if my answers are going to get me full credit, or if the professor is going to grade them more harshly and take of 1 or two points on each one liberally. I don't think he's the type who'll excessively nitpick on purpose, but who knows.

I'm pretty sure I got at least a B. An A- is quite possible. An A is possible, but everything would have to had fallen in place just right. Wherever the grade falls on that spectrum it will be a better start than last semester's first Chemistry test, which I flubbed spectacularly. So If I could work back up to an A average from that test, I'm sure I'll be quite all right this time around.

Next up is tomorrows Physics exam. That one is all kinds of problematic, because I'm really exhausted now. I only got ~3 hours of sleep (not intentionally... it was another night of my lying there /trying/ to sleep, and failing), and I'm a bit burned out from all the studying I've been doing the last week as well. Worse, I have a Chemistry Lab this evening that will take up a good four hour chunk of what time I do have left. Add to that my standard "Physics is hard QQing", and we have a test that could go poorly. I suppose I'll use the time and effort I can muster to go over the basics, my class notes, and some of the homework problems. There's probably no use worrying about the more complicated bits at this point. With any luck, I'll do "ok" enough that I can recover from whatever happens.