Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bio 110 Grades

Our grades for the first summer session's Biology course came out, and I actually ended up with an A/4.0. That's great, of course, if somewhat unexpected. I'm thinking it means the class as a whole probably got a little curve, which would have bumped me up from the A- I was expecting. More importantly, maybe it means I can ask the teacher for a letter of recommendation after all... I'm really not sure now. At any rate, I worked hard and, despite various moments of drama, it looks like that course went down well.

The second summer session's Biology course (210) started up yesterday. This session we only have class two days a week, although it's for roughly 8 hours at a time, which is a bit much. Both my teacher and my TA seem great though, this time around. The course (as taught by him) seems slightly more laid back too. The exams are going to be three separate take-home essays (And each will be worth 25% of our grade, instead of 20% like last semester).

That will eliminate all the stress of trying to memorize the details of processes because I feel like being OCD again, and hopefully I can end this semester up with an A- or an A as well. That would put me into a pretty strong position, going into Cell Biology and Organic Chemistry next year - the only class I haven't done well in was Physics, and I'll have done almost perfectly in everything else. One thing that's a bit essential is that I get to know the teacher enough that he can give me a letter of rec. Getting five letters of reccomendation is going to be difficult.