Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hamartia

I guess an error was made in preparing for this last test; or in failing to do so adequately, rather.

It didn't go well. I'd guess I got a B, probably on the low end. Certainly low enough to knock my A down to an A-. It shouldn't be low enough to lock my A- to a B+, but now it's close enough that the teacher could make it a B+ by giving me an arbitrarily low score on those essays, if she felt like it.

Not a good ending to the course, although it could certainly have been much worse. It's easy to feel overconfident when you've had no problems with the first two tests and everyone else has been, I guess. I didn't study enough early enough, and by the time I started and realized that this test had much more on it than the others, it was too late.

No one's fault but mine.